How to apply
The five steps
- Check out the assignments on our Assignments page advertised on the 1st of each month
- Choose up to 3 assignments per month
- Click the "Apply" button shown on the Assignment Description page for each assignment, while assignments are open
- Complete a full application for each assignment
- Submit your application
CV (template provided on online form)
Statement Against Selection Criteria
The Statement Against Selection Criteria is the pivotal part of your application. This is the section where you explain (using examples from your own experience) why you would be the best possible candidate for the assignment you are applying for.
You will be required to answer 3 Selection Criteria questions within a word limit which can be found on the AYAD Online Application Form.
Check out the Hints and Tips for Applying Hints and Tips document for more detail.
You will need to provide the contact details for three referees with each application. Your referees need to be able to comment on your skills and experience and your ability to do the assignment for which you are applying. Professional referees (supervisors through work or study including volunteer work) are preferred.
All referees must be contactable during Australian business hours.
Scanned copy of your passport ID page
The AYAD Program is only open to Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or New Zealand Citizens holding a Special Condition Visa.
- You will need to supply us with a scanned copy of your current Australian passport ID page. If you do not have a passport we will accept a receipt of your Australia Post passport application and a copy of your photo id in place of the photocopy of your passport id page.
- You will need to supply us with a scanned copy of your non-Australian passport ID page, a copy of your Australian Permanent Resident visa and a scanned copy of the front of your Australian Medicare card.
- You will need to supply us with a scanned copy of your New Zealand passport ID page and a scanned copy of the front of your Australian Medicare card.